When I was planning my gifts for the wedding that I was in last weekend, I decided that it would be important to put together an emergency wedding kit for the Bride. The Maid of Honor and I had already decided to write her letters of love and encouragement for her to read the morning of the wedding. But what if we needed bobby pins, tissues, aspirin, nail clippers, etc throughout the day?! So I put together a fun “Meltdown Kit” to make it through the day without any stress.
So I polled my mother (a seasoned wedding coordinator) on what items I needed to include and we came up with a comprehensive list. I found a cute little basket that would be easy to lug around all day and filled it up with fun stuff!
- Peanut Butter M&M’s (one of the bride’s favorite candies)
- 4 Wisp Breath Fresheners (one for each girl in the wedding party)
- Lint Roller
- Playing Cards (we all played lots of cards to pass time in college)
- Bobby Pins
- Hair Ties
- Nail Polish Remover
- Clear Nail Polish
- 5 Hour Energy
- 2 Disposable Cameras (if cameras died or, in our case, all the boys forgot cameras)
- Sewing Kit
- Nail Kit
- First Aid Kit
- Letters from loved ones! (We had a letter from the groom, the brother of the bride, the best man (aka brother of the groom), a friend of the bride, the maid of honor, and me, a bridesmaid)
For my letter to the bride I chose to make a small photo album to remind her to relax and enjoy every single moment of what would be one of the best days of her life. Using fun stickers from college, I personalized the album and filled it with sentimental, and silly, pictures and captions.
How did my “Meltdown Kit” measure up to the bride? It was a success! Almost all the contents were handy throughout the day for the bride, the wedding party, family, and others. Major score for the lovely Maid of Honor and myself!